The Painted Sky

Wednesday, April 11, 2012
The sky is the daily bread of the eyes.  ~Ralph Waldo Emerson



I have a dear connection with the always changing skies! Walking, driving, sitting somewhere, gazing up, it always let's me see the bigger picture, so to speak. 








I feel the insignificance and my smallness in the world. And yet, looking up, the sky always reassures me of the largeness of life. 






The sky brings close to me all the powers of nature, non-man made things. It's a large window at night and there passes no day, where I do not regard the sky above me.







I do not mind a storm, neither the soft grayness of a rainy day sky or the brilliant blackness of a winter firmament, dotted with stars.







I love the ever changing clouds, rushing, drifting and billowing above me. The flocks of 'sheep' or the ripples of windblown sheets of white.
The sky is painted by the sun, the great winds and the rain up there...




It speaks of the world I love!

When I do not walk in the clouds I walk as though I were lost.  ~Antonio Porchia, Voces, 1943




All images by V.Zlotkowski.

0 comments:

Post a Comment