Of chairs and boxes and this and that

Monday, March 21, 2011
Good morning! The weather god must have had such a change of heart! Yesterday's sun beckoned us out. We cleaned up the yard, did lots of cuttings and removed dried grasses. We got large sweeps of ready to pop forsythia and today we are having fresh snow...Oh well!
Winter goes reluctantly!


On Saturday we visited one of the small lovely river towns along Hudson and I happened to come upon a moving sale of one of my favorite stores there: The Saffron Trading Company! Oh, I love when this happens....
A small gem of a shop, with mostly Asian furniture, ceramics, baskets, linens and much more.
Due to their move across the street into a larger facility they have an amazing 25 - 50% sale going on. I found a few lovely things, among them these two beauties....


Originally for $260 a piece I scored them two for the price of one! I simply could not pass this chance. They are lovely done, with small carvings in the frame and legs, upholstered in a simple linen. They will be adding useful seating around the dining table, one will serve me at my small writing desk!



I've got this basket and a pretty wooden box, painted in a light blue. $11 and $14 respectively!






The box will hold letters and sits now under a small table next to my work desk!
While cleaning the garage and garden I came upon this little basket, which sat almost forgotten in one of the shelves, so in it came and after a good scrub I lined it with a French linen towel and it holds our daily cutlery. Easy to pick and the kids love to set the table with it.


And talking of table setting, looking through my files I found this site, which I had marked, because I saw so many great ideas popping into my head after finding all these lovely decorative items. Vases, lights, candle holders, party inspirations.
Go check it out here!


That's it for today!
Wishing you a true beginning of spring!


XX
Victoria

0 comments:

Post a Comment