Kitchen improvement

Monday, November 8, 2010
My kitchen has not made it to the top of our many renovation projects. But I felt it could be a little better then it has been for quite some time. Over the last year things have gotten worse and eventually I could not see the gaping hole under the sink and the always messy open shelves.

This is before:
Counter top mess, open shelves mess....


The 'desk', files with school papers and important phone numbers...now orderly stored in my IPhone! And in a file called 'home' in the first drawer to the left!!!


Eventually I will get a new kitchen, but for now I have a good feeling and it does not bother me that much that I have a vintage stove and perhaps the smallest fully functioning kitchen in the neighborhood....No, now I am rather proud of it!(OK, somewhat)

And this is after!


It needed strict editing, sorting and cleaning to come up with a pleasing solution. The things I use the most needed to be within reach, others made it out of the kitchen altogether.


I made these curtains out of painter's drop cloth. I washed the material before sewing, to have no shrinking later, measured and mounted them under the counters. A little tricky, but it works...


I eliminated the 'desk', which never satisfied my craving for some control and I am now much happier with my small display of coffee and tea pots, all whats left is the phone and my IPhone charger....


I even set up a small counter top light, which in the evening casts a friendly shine through my kitchen and into the family room.


Looking much better now from where I see my kitchen when I sit on my desk and write my posts....



Have you managed a small home improvement with a huge impact on your well being???
I certainly did!

0 comments:

Post a Comment