Day and night

Thursday, October 14, 2010
I love to create vignettes in my house. Small collections of things which just happen to delight me get routinely changed and moved from room to room. Right now I love my little white and glass collection on top of an old dresser, which has been given a second chance in my house after I had rescued it from the curb in the neighborhood. A new paint finish and lovely new knobs gave it new life. This was a while ago and I love this piece ever since. It's functional too, holding candles, candies and games.
The small white vases were another project a couple of month ago...





It brightens this corner during the day, disguising the view into the kitchen and since it's in full view from my desk I can see these small things and many hold memories. The beautifully etched wine glass was a lucky find at a yard sale, Versace's greek key pattern for Rosenthal Studio Line...The small bird vase came from Salem on our journey to Massachusetts two summers ago, the small salt and pepper pigs are from this year's trip to Berlin and the lovely crooked candle holder was the farewell gift my oldest and his girlfriend gave to us only a few days ago.
At night I have tea lights inside the vases casting a soft glow into the room, inviting to sit and dream a little.




Do you change your collections?



All pictures by V.Zlotkowski

0 comments:

Post a Comment